With 6053 members the SICYC is the largest cruising yacht club in Australia. Each member is a Vice Commodore and the concept of the yacht club is that they are ‘exclusively non-exclusive’. Abell Point Marina is a proud long term major sponsor of the SICYC and annual welcomes hundreds of ‘Shaggers’ to the marina during annual cruising migrations north.
This year the SICYC have devised a Season of Sail, which is designed for those members who wish to sail north in like-minded company.
The Season of Sail provides cruisers on the northern NSW and QLD coasts with a sailing program in which members have the option to sail in company if they so wish and to be welcomed and guided by local “Vice Commodores” at key locations along the way.
The concept is that vessels will join or leave the group as they see fit.
The stages of the Season of Sail will be:
• One “Sail the Beautiful Lake Macquarie” 15 to 17 April
• Cruise the Clarence – 30 April to 6 May
• Explore the Gold Coast waterways – 12 May to 18 May
• A Welcome to Moreton Bay – 23 May
• Cruise the Great Sandy Straits – 1 to 6 June
• Visit Bundaberg- 8 to 12 June
• Hosted by Gladstone Marina
• Cruise in company to Airlie Beach
• Party at Mackay Marina – 3 July
• Welcome to the Whitsundays Party at Abell Point Marina – 27 July
• SICYC Gala Ball at Lure, Abell Point Marina – Airlie Beach, 3 August
• SICYC Whitsunday RENDEZVOUS 2018 – 23 to 26 August
To sign up for more information on the SICYC Season of Sail, then become a Vice Commodore today.