With only 10 days to go until the big man in the black gum boots arrives, are you ready for a tropical Christmas?
Here’s our top tips for making sure your tropical Christmas is one to remember:
- Festive food – remembering the shops in Airlie Beach close on Christmas Day and have limited hours on Boxing day, stock up before Christmas with enough to last. Head to the Prickly Pineapple for your seasonal fruit and veg and take advantage of the delicious Bowen mangoes in season. Master Butchers can provide premium quality meats to order, think Christmas ham or a roast turkey, whereas Fishi Whitsundays are the best supplier of fresh seafood in the Whitsundays. Get your orders in early and be prepared to collect on the 23rd as Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday.
- Get out on the water – whether it be on your own boat, a friend’s or an organized day tour departing from Abell Point there is nothing better than shaking off the cobwebs of the Christmas excess than a day out on the water. Swim, snorkel, dive, fish and relax and enjoy the Whitsunday islands at their summer best.
- Wish you were here – instead of sending Christmas Cards this year, snap a selfie at your favourite Whitsunday landmark and send to all your family and friends as a Christmas greeting. Not only will they be super jealous but you will be helping to promote the Whitsunday region.
- Give back – whether you contribute non-perishables to a Christmas appeal, pick up marine debris on a Whitsunday beach or support a local small business when buying your Christmas presents this year, try and give something back which will benefit the community and the environment, it will make you feel good!
- Stay hydrated – we all know everyone loves a Christmas tipple, but the temperatures in the Whitsundays can get very hot over the festive period. Drink lots of water, stay in the shade and jump in for a swim wherever you can.
The Whitsundays is a magical place in the summer, blamy evenings, gorgeous sunsets and a laid back tropical vibe. We do hope you enjoy the festive season in paradise.
Remember we are only closed on Christmas day, otherwise the office door is always open if you need assistance (or air-con!).
Merry Christmas from the team at APM!