Useful marina and council updates 01.04.2017
– There is still no power to the region, further updates on this as they come to hand.
– Water is available in the marina village, however it is not advisable to drink, fine for showers. Water will begin to come down the arms as we repair any pipe work sustained in the cyclone.
– Fuel wharf is being deconstructed and we are hopeful we can have fuel services available again by mid-next week.
– The marina staff are working tirelessly to relocate vessels to safe berths as they become available. If you are concerned about the safety of your berth or need to talk to the marina staff please email email@example.com or call 0438 799 689. We have heard Telstra is working on communication lines so we should have our office numbers back in action very soon.
• Open services include: Food – Whitsunday Food Services and Woolworths Airlie Beach; Fuel – Cannonvale BP; Waste – Cannonvale Transfer Station; Pharmacies – Day and Night Chemist Whitsunday Village and Live Life Pharmacy, Whitsunday Plaza; General Practitioners – Doctors Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Family Practice and Dr2You Whitsundays
• Water points were established by the Army by 8am this morning. The water points will be located at Whitsunday Plaza (Centro) carpark in Cannonvale and the Lagoon carpark in Airlie Beach. Residents are asked to bring their own containers to take water away with them, as there will be no bottled water given out.
Boat Repair Works:
• R Marine Crawley currently have support staff in the Whitsundays and will be sending additional support staff to the Whitsundays Monday.
• They already have multiple shipwrights, electricians, trimmers and other repairers on standby ready to fly in to assist with any facet of repair for all boats.
• R Marine Crawley have long standing relationships with both the insurers and assessors and can manage the full project management of all repairs. They are working to get vessels safe, secured and assessed as soon as possible. At which point they will also be able to provide initial damage reports, particularly for those owners unable to access their vessel.
• If you would like assistance, please contact us 24/07 on 07 5529 5007.
Stay tuned for more updates.