Perfect one day, better the next!
After a period of un-seasonal weather over the last couple of months, it looks like the Whitsundays have turned on the perfect weather just in time for the September school holidays. With average day temperatures sitting around 28 degrees, clear skies and light winds, there has been no better time to visit the Whitsundays, get out on the water and enjoy some cruising time.
Interestingly, whilst the Whitsunday have experienced the wettest winter in 33 years, so have the major metropolitan centres of Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. This indicates that the weather patterns we have experienced over the last few months have been experienced all the way down the east coast of Australia.
Using a great tool provided by the Bureau of Meterology (BOM) which estimates long term median rainfalls, we can see that the predicted median rainfall for the Whitsundays in October is around 17mm, compared with 64mm in Brisbane, 60mm in Sydney and 57mm in Melbourne. Looking out further the predicted medians for the same locations for September – November are Whitsundays 120mm, compared with Brisbane & Sydney which are almost double at 211mm and 244mm respectively.
Don’t believe us? Have a try for yourself on this great tool on the BOM site. Just click on the search icon in the top right hand corner, enter your home port and it will show you the median rainfall expected for the next three months.
So, if we haven’t convinced you yet to stay longer and enjoy the Whitsunday spring time, we have the following events happening in the region over the next two months which are not to be missed:
- 23 September – Abell Point Marina Reef & Beef party on the foreshore, South Village
- 15 October – White on Whitehaven Dinner (Abell Point Yacht Club)
- 22 October – Spring Carnival at Lure, Abell Point Marina: experience the glitz and glamour of this spring carnival inspired event
- 3 – 6 November – Airlie Beach Festival of Music (with live acts playing all weekend at venues around town, including Abell Point Marina)
- 19 November – Celebrity Chef Dinner at Lure, Abell Point Marina: be inspired by an evening of gourmet delights and culinary expertise
To make a booking to stay in the marina or extend your stay, contact our friendly reservations team – firstname.lastname@example.org